While our drink is delicious by itself, it can also be used in cooking!
Note: While our drink and soups are entirely vegan or vegetarian, these recipes may include meat.
Pasta e Fagliole (serves six)
*With a bonus pork rib meal!
This pasta, tomato, and pork soup is an Italian classic! The recipe traditionally calls for white wine, but water kefir is just as delicious.
Rack of pork ribs
6 cups water
2 tablespoons rosemary
1 can beans (cannellini is traditional, but we used black beans)
2 cups egg noodles
1 bottle tomato sauce
700ml Raw Tibicos water kefir/tibicos
1 cut onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 chopped beet
- First, you need to make the broth. We put the rack of pork ribs in the slow cooker and filled it with water about halfway. We added rosemary and salt and cooked it on high for 8 hours. We had this as a meal by itself with some vegetables and then had dinner for two nights! If you don’t like leftovers, you could make the broth the same day. Place the meat and seasonings in a pot with about 6 cups of water. Simmer at low boil for about 2 hours or until meat is tender. Take the bones and gristle out of broth, but you don’t need to skim the fat out unless you would like.
- Flake the meat and remove the gristle. Place the remaining broth and meat in a pot and add 2 bottles of Original TibiBev water kefir/tibicos. Heat at high simmer.
- Add the cut onions, carrots, and beet.
- Wash the canned beans and add to soup.
- Let simmer for five minutes and then increase heat to high until boiling.
- Once soup is at a rolling boil, add egg noodles.
- Reduce heat back to simmer.
- Once soup has stopped boiling, add tomato sauce. Let cook for five minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
French Onion Soup (serves two)
This is a soup that is loved all over the world, where the delicate, elegant onions meet cozy, hearty cheese and bread. It’s incredibly easy to make at home and one of the best comfort foods available!
700 ml Raw TIbicos water kefir/tibicos
1 large onion (or 2 smaller onions)
4 slices of bread (or 2 croissants)
- In a slow cooker, add 2 bottles of Original water kefir/tibicos and salt. Cut up the onions. Cook on high for 5 hours. If you wouldn’t like to use a slow cooker: place the ingredients in a pot and simmer for 1 hour.
- While the soup is cooking, put cheddar cheese on the toast or croissant and toast in the oven.
- When you’re ready to serve, place the grilled cheese toasts in the bottom of the bowls and spoon the soup on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Zesty Awesome Smoothie
In a blender, place:
- 32 ounces / 900 grams your favourite plain yoghurt
- 10 ounces / 300 grams frozen raspberries
- A pinch of sea salt
- 700 ml Raw Tibicos water kefir
Remember to put the lid on the blender, and blend for several minutes until smooth.
Enjoy with friends, or save it all for yourself . . .